Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Graphite Drawing Workshop



The first week of January I took a graphite drawing workshop. The workshop was a good distance from home and I didn't get to attend the last two days. But I learned a lot of what I had been doing wrong in my drawing and some new things that will help me do better. So, after finishing up the flower collages and wanting a few days break from having sticky fingers, I started on this drawing of my nephew Collin. What you see is only half of the drawing due to the fact that it's 8x24 and won't fit on the scanner bed.

The paper is Stonehenge. I use this paper for colored pencil all the time so I was disappointed that I've already managed to "damage" the surface of the paper in a couple of places. I'm also using Derwent drawing pencils for the first time, and who would have thought that a different brand of pencil could be so different! But I will continue working, hoping for improvement.