On the second go around, I painted a background by first putting some webbing on the paper and wetting it; then I painted with Jenkins green. I let it dry overnight and then removed the webbing. That took away all that white that was keeping me from being able to start. Then, using painted rice papers, I collaged on the lower part of the flower. Tomorrow, I'll figure out what comes next!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I jumped into something else again--meaning to experiment on an old piece I started in the summer. I had painted the bird of paradise in acrylic on this piece of canva paper and tossed it in the bin. I loved the bright colors but I didn't do the background first so I didn't know what to do with it.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Started this new collage underpainting today but got side tracked along the way. My background looks a little yucky so I decided to try using something besides paint (I am NOT a painter). This is the first time I have tried colored pencil on this wood surface. I liked how the pencil went on but not necessarily what I was looking for. Then I remember that I had a box of inktense pencils that I've never used. Wow, I had a great time "painting" this with the inktense. I may keep playing with it a little BUT them would I want to collage. Stay tuned to find out!!!!
- ▼ 2010 (42)
- ► 2009 (72)