Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spring Visitor



Lance is on hold until I get where I can find some colored pencils I ran out of! In the meantime--I spied this woodpecker baby at one of my small feeders in the Spring. I grabbed my camera and got this shot of him hanging on by his toes (well, his woodpecker toes!) This crop would have gone pretty fast except I'm trying some new pencils (Pablo) and new paper (Fabriano hot pressed watercolor paper). The pencils are harder than the Prismas so I have to watch the pressure or I'll get hard lines. The paper seems to be very easy to work on, it has a smooth texture and the pencil picks up easily--in my case, a big plus!

It has taken me two days to get this far--the Prismas would have been faster--but will reserve judgment until finished!

No comments: