Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Mixed Media

I jumped into something else again--meaning to experiment on an old piece I started in the summer. I had painted the bird of paradise in acrylic on this piece of canva paper and tossed it in the bin. I loved the bright colors but I didn't do the background first so I didn't know what to do with it.

On the second go around, I painted a background by first putting some webbing on the paper and wetting it; then I painted with Jenkins green. I let it dry overnight and then removed the webbing. That took away all that white that was keeping me from being able to start. Then, using painted rice papers, I collaged on the lower part of the flower. Tomorrow, I'll figure out what comes next!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey Sandy!
Love the bird of paradise. Wonderful.
Hugs,
Tara